Saturday, July 24, 2010

Basil walnut pesto




Per request of my new followers, I am including a few of my favorite recipes!  
Not all of these are my own creation, so I'll try to give credit where I can.  I have to admit that pesto is one of my favorites.  Basil is so plentiful in the summer in so many varieties(see three of my 5 varieties above)!  I make this with traditional basil, lemon basil, cinnamon basil, or a combination!  If you prefer a milder taste, substitute some fresh baby spinach leaves for some of the basil.
This recipe is so simple, and only takes a few minutes to make.

2 cups packed basil leaves
3 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup water
kosher salt to taste
1/2 - 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese

1 package (13-16 ounces) angel hair or spaghetti, cooked and drained

Blend basil, garlic, walnuts, water and salt in a food processor.  Add the olive oil, blend well.  Add the Parmesan cheese, blend well.  Add to the cooked and drained pasta.  Serve with additional shredded Parmesan cheese on top, if desired.
YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment