Thursday, November 25, 2010

The lean, green cleaning machine

So, after my last post, I decided it was time to switch the focus of my efforts.  The weather is not cooperating much for outdoor garden work anymore, and the veggies coming in are storable in their original form (winter squash, potatoes, carrots, garlic) or ready to be eaten right away (cold weather greens).  Unfortunately, my dancing girls keep me hopping to dance practice several nights a week, so my time to get organized is still minimal.  So, I talked it over with my super fabulous boss (hi, Deb!) and set aside this weekend as an extra long weekend away from work.  Today is spent with family, being thankful for what I have.  Tomorrow, my oldest daughter's birthday, will be a mixture of family and planning.  Then, for the next 4 days, I have non-stop plans to declutter, organize, and clean.  I want this house whipped into shape before I head back to work on Wednesday.  I want to come home and have a space to relax in that isn't strewn with endless amounts of papers, unopened books, and little tiny pieces of toys.  I want LESS STUFF!  Really.  Of course, the buyer in me still read all the black Friday ads.  I decided that the only things worth getting were the storage tubs, so that must really mean I'm ready to do this!  (And, no, I will not be at Walmart at 3am for a storage tub...not even if it is less than half price!)
So, with a bottle of all natural cleaning spray and a few empty boxes under my arm, I'm off to see what I can free myself of this weekend!
(P.S. If you have any mad cleaning or organization skills, feel free to give me a call!  I can use all the help I can get!)

No comments:

Post a Comment