Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Love you lunch

Speaking of creative...I managed to dish out a healthy and fun to look at lunch for Kira today.  She requested a ham and cheese sandwich with apple slices.  I grabbed one piece of white bread and one piece of wheat bread and cut heart shapes out of each and swapped them.  So easy!  Layered with ham and local cheese.  I filled a reusable silicone heart cupcake baker with local new crop apple slices (dip them in lemon juice to prevent browning).  Filled in the spaces with grapes and multi-colored cherry tomatoes (which she reported back that all the kids wanted to try!).  I included some cake chunks and a drink, too.
I just hope that tomorrow, when I actually have to get up and go to work before she wakes up that I can manage to get a creative meal ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment